Food, Drink & Distilleries Explosion Protection
As part of the process (or by accident), flammable gases or liquids (vapours), or combustible powders, could become present in the atmosphere creating a potential explosion risk in the manufacture of food and drink. Distilleries are also at risk from flammable vapour known as the “angel’s share”.
Pyroban provides a range of explosion protection services to help manage the risk and remove the sources of ignition found on mobile equipment:
Explosion protection for lift trucks
For lift trucks, reach trucks, pallet and stacker trucks, VNA and pickers, Pyroban provides solutions for:
- Zone 1 – ATEX 2G conversions
- Zone 2 – ATEX 3G conversions with Gas detection (system6000)
- Zone 2 – ATEX 3G conversions without Gas detection
- Zone 21 – ATEX 2D conversions
- Zone 22 – ATEX 3D conversions
Explosion protection for cranes, access platforms, scrubber driers…
For Cherry Pickers, scissor lifts, cranes, access platforms, scrubber driers, tractors and more, Pyroban provides ATEX compliant conversions for use in Zone 1, 2, 21 and 22
Added Safety for lift trucks and plant equipment
For areas outside of formally classified areas, Pyroban provides added safety systems for mobile equipment incorporating gas detection and shutdown features.
Other explosion protection solutions
Pyroban’s new explosion protection services, EXSolutions, supports OEM and end-user businesses on their journey to ATEX, UKEX and IECEx compliance. Services include:
- Ignition Hazard Assessments (IHA), inspections, audits, and practical Ex engineering solutions for all types of equipment.
- Ex telemetry. Unique sensors to improve preventative maintenance of electro-mechanical equipment and lighting systems.
- EX electrical and mechanical system design, EX enclosure population, EX product development and certification support for OEMs. Find out more
- Ex lighting design and installation services providing energy efficient LED lighting solutions.
- Advanced fire suppression systems for a range of mobile and fixed equipment applications (not Ex).