ATEX 3G Lift Truck Conversions for Zone 2 (Passive)
Pyroban can convert materials handling equipment for safe use in Zone 2 hazardous areas in a range of applications where gas and vapour ignition risk exists. We also provide full support through the working life of the truck, anywhere.
When gas detection is not required or not suitable for a Zone 2 certified area, Pyroban offers the Ex-tec 3G system for electric vehicles and Euromech 3G for diesel vehicles.
Pyroban conversions are designed for reliable and efficient performance in tough environments and eliminate the ignition risk, keeping workers and assets safe. All Pyroban products are certified to ATEX 2014/34/EU & UKSI 2016 No. 1107 typically following standard EN1755, and in accordance with ISO3691. Diesel or electric vehicles only.
ATEX conversions for forklifts, pallet trucks, stackers and more…
We will develop a passive explosion protection package to offer maximum safety with the minimum of impact on your truck. We ensure that the truck’s original ergonomics and specification is retained so that the conversion has the smallest impact possible on the day to day use of your lift truck.
Euromech 3G – Pyroban’s Diesel conversion for Zone 2 applications
Ex-Tec 3G – Pyroban’s Electric conversion for Zone 2 applications
Features – common for diesel and electric
The Pyroban Extec 3G and Euromech 3G conversions typically include the following:
- Explosion proof Exd enclosures for arcing and sparking components
- Surface temperature limitation to ensure the motors, brakes, electrics and other components remain below the auto-ignition temperatures (T Class) of flammable materials
- Stainless steel cladding of forks
- Exd or Exe motors
- Exi intrinsically safe circuits
- Ex nA battery fitted with Exd plugs and sockets
Features – diesel additions
In addition to the above, Euromech 3G diesel conversions also feature the following:
- Surface temperature limitation to ensure the engine and other components remain below the auto-ignition temperatures (T Class) of flammable materials
- Inlet shutdown valve for automatic and manual shutdown
- Water cooled exhaust gas cooler to limit surface and exhaust temperatures
NOTE: An amendment to EU Emissions Regulations (97/68/EC Directive) was published in September 2016 which states that the EU ‘may authorise, on request by an OEM, the placing on the market of engines that meet Stage III A emission limit values, provided that those engines are intended for use in non-road mobile machinery to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres as defined in…Directive 2014/34/EU
SUPPORT THROUGH THE LIFECYCLE
We understand that our customers need maximum up time and that the harsh locations they operate in may mean special training or certification is required. We Support our customers throughout the lifecycle of the equipment with a highly experienced and qualified team of Service technicians.
What is Zone 2?
If you need to know more about Zone 2, you can find out on our what is Zone 2 ATEX page.
Alternatively, we can support you by visiting your site, or over the phone, no matter how much experience you have of hazardous areas.