Gas detection for vehicles - Gascheka
When you handle potentially hazardous materials, a risk assessment will define the high risk areas as either Zone 1 or Zone 2. Anything outside of these areas can be classed as a safe area.
Pyroban believes that when you are handling potentially hazardous materials, there are no safe areas as boundaries are not fixed and gases can easily cross from a Zone 2 area into what is essentially a ‘safe’ area.
It only takes one spark to cause an explosion, and all materials handling equipment needs to be protected regardless of where they operate on a site where hazardous areas exist. Often, it is also easy for vehicles to cross from a safe area into a Zone 2 area without realising it, for example a forklift moving pallets from a storage area into a loading bay ready for despatch.
Gas Detection for forklifts, pallet and reach trucks, VNA, pickers...
Gascheka is a gas detection system that monitors the surrounding area of any type of vehicle, from forklift trucks and pallet stackers to vans and transportation vehicles.
If gas/vapour is detected at 10% LEL the driver gets visual/audible warnings and should drive away from the area warning any colleagues of the imminent danger.
If gas/vapour levels rise to 25% LEL the truck will automatically be brought to a controlled stop preventing any explosions and protecting the driver and site.
A control module provides an interface between the operator and the equipment and is fitted within easy reach of the operator. It is used to start the system and informs the operator when any gas is detected.
Features - common for diesel and electric
One of two gas sensing head technologies, Pellistor or Infrared. Pellistor and Infrared offer different degrees of protection for different gases, so it is important to select the correct gas sensing head for your application and risk. Any equipment fitted with Pyroban Gascheka requires a gas test before it will allow the vehicle to start up. The gas test is started automatically and takes between 30 and 120 seconds, depending on the type of gas sensing head. The gas test checks that the gas sensing heads are calibrated correctly, ensuring that your equipment is fully protected before operation begins.
- ENG - PD1003ENG_issue4_Gascheka duo_datasheet
- FR - PD1003FRA_issue4_Gascheka duo_datasheet
- DE - PD1003GER_issue4_Gascheka duo_datasheet
- IT - PD1003ITA_issue4_Gascheka duo_datasheet
- NL - PD1003NL_issue4_Gascheka duo_datasheet
- ESP - PD1003SPA_issue4_Gascheka duo_datasheet
Gascheka Duo Installation Manual
- ENG - Gascheka duo Operation Servicing Installation Manual - Issue 1 Part number PM1083ENG
- FR - Gascheka duo Operation Servicing Installation Manual - Issue 1 Part Number PM1083FRA
- IT - Gascheka duo Operation Servicing Installation Manual - issue 1 Part number PM1083ITA
- NL - Gascheka duo Operation Servicing Installation Manual - Issue 1 Part number PM1083NL
- ESP - Gascheka duo Operation Servicing Installation Manual - Issue 1 Part number PM1083SPA
SUPPORT THROUGH THE LIFECYCLE
We understand that our customers need maximum up time and that the harsh locations they operate in may mean special training or certification is required. We Support our customers throughout the lifecycle of the equipment with a highly experienced and qualified team of Service technicians.