Military and munitions storage explosion protection
Pyroban provides a range of explosion protection services to help manage the risk and remove the sources of ignition (and other risks) found on mobile equipment. Pyroban provides equipment conversion solutions according to Military guidance such as DSA 03.OME Part 2 (formally JSP 482) in the UK or other similar guidance across the world.
We provide ATEX compliant solutions (CAT A and CAT B), and also CAT C where missiles, bullets or other munitions are being handled. For CAT C we will reduce risk by addressing potential electrical shorts, hot exhaust gases or crushing for example.
We work with defence organisations globally and also support applications for the Police for example, and the fireworks industry.
Explosion protection and CAT C for lift trucks
For lift trucks, reach trucks, pallet and stacker trucks, VNA and pickers, Pyroban provides solutions for:
- Zone 1 – ATEX 2G conversions
- Zone 2 – ATEX 3G conversions with Gas detection (system6000)
- Zone 2 – ATEX 3G conversions without Gas detection
- Zone 21 – ATEX 2D conversions
- Zone 22 – ATEX 3D conversions
- CAT C or other military specifications – Contact us for further details
Explosion protection for cranes, access platforms, scrubber driers…
For cherry pickers, scissor lifts, cranes, access platforms, scrubber driers, sweepers, tractors and more, Pyroban provides CAT C and ATEX compliant conversions for use in Zone 1, 2, 21 and 22.
Explosion proof ground support equipment for fighter jets
Pyroban also owns the Euro Access ground support equipment specifically used for the maintenance of military aircraft. The specially designed ATEX Certified platform enables maintenance engineers to reach the nose cone and other confined areas of the fighter jets. The area around each aircraft is formally classified as Zone 1 so the access platform must be explosion proof and meet ATEX 2G compliance. Through the acquisition of Euro Access, Pyroban is a direct supplier to BAE Systems Ltd (British Aerospace) and the wider military partnerships globally.
Contact us if you have other specialist requirements for military applications.
Added Safety for lift trucks and plant equipment
For areas outside of formally classified areas, Pyroban provides added safety systems for mobile equipment incorporating gas detection and shutdown features.
Other explosion protection solutions
Pyroban’s new explosion protection services, EXSolutions, supports OEM and end-user businesses on their journey to ATEX, UKEX and IECEx compliance. Services include:
- Ignition Hazard Assessments (IHA), inspections, audits, and practical Ex engineering solutions for all types of equipment.
- Ex telemetry. Unique sensors to improve preventative maintenance of electro-mechanical equipment and lighting systems.
- EX electrical and mechanical system design, EX enclosure population, EX product development and certification support for OEMs. Find out more
- Ex lighting design and installation services providing energy efficient LED lighting solutions.
- Advanced fire suppression systems for a range of mobile and fixed equipment applications (not Ex).