Air Intake Shut-off Valves for Diesel Engines
Air intake shut-off Valves from Pyroban – The SVH and SVD series of air inlet shutdown valves are an integral safety component for diesel engines. Their primary use is to shut off the air inlet supply to an engine to prevent a potential explosion.
By using Pyroban in the product design process, manufacturers can reduce time to market for a product, reduce the overall cost of certification and concentrate on the quality and production of the product.
The SVH air intake Shut-off Valve (also known as ASOV or emergency shutdown valves) has a range of actuation options which means that it can be operated electrically, pneumatically or hydraulically, making it suitable for a wide variety of applications. It is available in 3” and 5” sizes which can be purchased with an integrated flame arrestor.
The SVD-S air inlet Shutdown Valve will automatically shut off with engine overspeed and incorporates a flame arrestor to extinguish an explosion caused by engine inlet flashback.
Pyroban air intake shut-off valves are available with full ATEX certification making them safe for use in Zone 1, Zone 2 and Zones 21/22 areas for both gas and dust applications. Pyroban air inlet shut-off valves also carry IEXEx and NEC505 certification for electrically actuated variants. There is also a non-certified electrical variant with screw terminal connections suitable for use in Added Safety applications.
What’s an air intake shut-off valve used for?
Pyroban air intake shut-off valves (ASOV valves) are used in diesel engine applications to shutdown the air supply to an engine to prevent a potential explosion. Its primary use is to stop engine overspeed.
The SVH air intake shut-off valve has a number of different configurations making it suitable for use in all diesel engine applications, including fixed stationary engines and diesel materials handling equipment.
SVH Air Intake Shut-off Valves by Pyroban
Pyroban SVH air intake shut- off valves have a range of build options and are available in 3” & 5” sizes.
- Electric valves ATEX, IECEx and NEC 505 certified for hazardous areas
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic valves ATEX approved for hazardous areas
- Additional Safety non-certified options
- Gas certified 2G
- 3” & 5” size options
- 12V/24V electric build options solenoid
- Integral Flametrap options
- Electric valve may include flying lead (compact) or junction box (allows user to define cables)
- Position switch options – micro switch for feedback to control system
- Manual hand lever operation for hydraulic valve
- Range of tube end adaptors for ease of installation
- SVH Valve bodies are anodised aluminium & corrosion protected by a PTFE coating
- Other SVH Valve parts are made from corrosion resistant stainless steel.
SVD-S Air Intake Shut-off Valves by Pyroban
The Pyroban SVD-S air intake shutoff valve is designed for use on normally aspirated diesel engines operating in hazardous areas where potentially flammable gases can be drawn into the engine intake.
- The unit will automatically shut off with engine overspeed and incorporates a flame arrestor to extinguish an explosion caused by engine inlet flashback.
- The valve is fully mechanical and manually primed open with a handle/cable.
- A range of adaptors are available for hose connection.
- The valve has two latch open options which may be either a simple post-latch version or Festo-latch which is chosen when integrated with a hydraulic control system.
- Two different flame arrestor crimp sizes are available to optimise backpressure vs flame velocity.
- The valve can be incorporated into an EN1834-1 compliant system when properly specified and tested.