Air Intake Shut-off Valves for Diesel Engines
Air intake shut-off Valves from Pyroban - The SVH series of air inlet shutdown valves are an integral safety component for diesel engines. Its primary use is to shut off the air inlet supply to an engine to prevent a potential explosion.
By using Pyroban in the product design process, manufacturers can reduce time to market for a product, reduce the overall cost of certification and concentrate on the quality and production of the product.
The SVH air intake Shut-off Valve has a range of actuation options which means that it can be operated electrically, pneumatically or hydraulically, making it suitable for a wide variety of applications. It is available in 3” and 5” sizes which can be purchased with an integrated flame arrestor.
Pyroban air intake shut-off valves are available with full ATEX certification making them safe for use in Zone 1, Zone 2 and Zones 21/22 areas for both gas and dust applications. Pyroban air inlet shut-off valves also carry IEXEx and NEC505 certification for electrically actuated variants. There is also a non-certified electrical variant with screw terminal connections suitable for use in Added Safety applications.
What's an air intake shut-off valve used for?
The SVH air intake shut-off valve is used in diesel engine applications to shutdown the air supply to an engine to prevent a potential explosion. Its primary use is to stop engine overspeed.
The SVH air intake shut-off valve has a number of different configurations making it suitable for use in all diesel engine applications, including fixed stationary engines and diesel materials handling equipment.
Air Intake Sut-off Valves by Pyroban
Pyroban SVH air intake shut- off valves have a range of build options and are available in 3” & 5” sizes.
- Electric valves ATEX, IECEx and NEC 505 certified for hazardous areas
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic valves ATEX approved for hazardous areas
- Additional Safety non-certified options
- Gas certified 2G
- 3” & 5” size options
- 12V/24V electric build options solenoid
- Integral Flametrap options
- Electric valve may include flying lead (compact) or junction box (allows user to define cables)
- Position switch options - micro switch for feedback to control system
- Manual hand lever operation for hydraulic valve
- Range of tube end adaptors for ease of installation
- SVH Valve bodies are anodised aluminium & corrosion protected by a PTFE coating
- Other SVH Valve parts are made from corrosion resistant stainless steel.