ATEX 3D Lift Truck Conversions for Zone 22
Pyroban can convert materials handling equipment for safe use in Zone 22 hazardous areas in a range of applications where dust and powder ignition risk exists. We also provide full support through the working life of the truck, anywhere.
Pyroban conversions are designed for reliable and efficient performance in tough environments and eliminate the ignition risk, keeping workers and assets safe. All Pyroban products are certified to ATEX 2014/34/EU & UKSI 2016 No. 1107 typically following standard EN1755, and in accordance with ISO3691. Diesel or electric vehicles only.
ATEX conversions for forklifts, pallet and reach trucks, VNA, pickers…
We will develop a passive explosion protection package to offer maximum safety with the minimum of impact on your truck. We ensure that the truck’s original ergonomics and specification is retained so that the conversion has the smallest impact possible on the day to day use of your lift truck.
Dustmech 3D – Pyroban’s Diesel conversion for Zone 22 applications
Dust-Tec 3D – Pyroban’s Electric conversion for Zone 22 applications
We also provide a Category 3G / D hybrid option where the equipment also needs to operate in both Zone 22 and Zone 2 hazardous areas.
Features – common for diesel and electric
The Pyroban Dust-tec 3D and Dustmech 3D conversions typically include the following:
- Enclosures where required for arcing and sparking components
- Surface temperature limitation to ensure the motors, brakes, electrics and other components remain below the auto-ignition temperatures (T Class) of flammable materials
- Stainless steel cladding of the forks
- Exd-IP5x motor enclosures
- Exi intrinsically safe circuits
- Exm encapsulation
- Exe battery fitted with Exd-IP5x plugs and sockets
Features – diesel additions
In addition to the above, Dustmech 3D diesel conversions also feature the following:
- Surface temperature limitation to ensure the engine, motors, brakes, electrics and other components remain below the auto-ignition temperatures (T Class) of flammable materials
- Water cooled exhaust gas cooler to limit surface and exhaust temperatures
NOTE: An amendment to EU Emissions Regulations (97/68/EC Directive) was published in September 2016 which states that the EU ‘may authorise, on request by an OEM, the placing on the market of engines that meet Stage III A emission limit values, provided that those engines are intended for use in non-road mobile machinery to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres as defined in…Directive 2014/34/EU
SUPPORT THROUGH THE LIFECYCLE
We understand that our customers need maximum up time and that the harsh locations they operate in may mean special training or certification is required. We Support our customers throughout the lifecycle of the equipment with a highly experienced and qualified team of Service technicians.
What is Zone 22?
If you need to know more about Zone 22, you can find out more on our what is Zone 22 ATEX page.
Alternatively, we can support you by visiting your site, or over the phone, no matter how much experience you have of hazardous areas.