Ever Clear™ Exhaust Flame Arrestors
Ever Clear™ Exhaust (ECE) Flame Arrestors developed by Pyroban are a direct replacement for the plate type flame arrestors found in Pyroban explosion protected diesel engines.
Costing as little as half the annual cleaning costs of a plate type exhaust flame arrestor, operators can upgrade their existing assets with Ever Clear™ .
Fit, forget and maximise productivity
The simple system puts a stop to the 8-hour cleaning routine of plate type exhaust flame arrestors in explosion proof prime movers. Operators can now fit and forget* and get on with the job.
Exhaust flame arrestors with a long-life
Ever Clear™ Exhaust Flame Arrestors are bolted into the exhaust system between the turbo and gas cooler, on the hot side of the exhaust flow.
Suitable for new, or existing, Pyroban protected turbo diesel engines above 100bhp the Ever Clear Exhaust Flame Arrestors can operate for up to 1000 hours before cleaning is required, dependent on diesel quality and duty cycle.
What are Exhaust Flame Arrestors?
Exhaust flame arrestors are part of the explosion proof system found on diesel engines used in Zone 2 hazardous areas. They allow the engine exhaust gases to pass through, but will stop a flame in the event of hydrocarbon gas ingestion for example.
With our extensive back catalogue of Pyroban designs spanning 50 years over many engine brands, Pyroban can engineer the plate type exhaust flame arrestors out of existing equipment and fit Ever Clear™ in the field.
Ever Clear™ – Fit and forget
- Eliminate the cleaning operation of plate type flame arrestors
- Eliminate the Safety Risk (of using dummies)
- Be more productive – Enjoy longer operation and reduce non-productive time
- Eliminate asset down-time offshore
- Now available on Pyroban kits and HazPaks
- Up to 1000 hours before cleaning required (dependent on diesel quality & duty cycle)
- Tested in accordance with EN1834-1:2000 and suitable for T3, IIA & IIB gas groups.
- No cleaning or changing every 8-10 hours
- No manual handling compliance issues. Plate type exhaust flame arrestors typically weigh over 25kg and are located above waist height
- No exposure to sources of ignition or risking compliance issues when wrongly using a ‘dummy’. Engines with Pyroban explosion protection are only certified when an exhaust flame arrestor is fitted**.
** Except for equipment fitted with Pyroban’s 3GP™ or EX SCS™ which feature gas detection. Ever Clear was launched in 2020 and is the second part of a two-pronged strategy by Pyroban to eliminate plate type exhaust flame arrestors on explosion proof diesel engine design. The first started nearly 20 years before when Pyroban spearheaded the gas detection route with 3GP™, and more recently Ex SCS™. However, Pyroban reports that some customers and territories just wanted a simpler option, particularly for smaller engines fitted to slick line, compressors and generators in Asia Pacific which led to the development of Ever Clear™ .
Product Data Sheets
- Pyroban Ever Clear 04-2020 – Long-life exhaust flame arrestor