Pyroban is pleased to have achieved the requirements for re-certification for four important certifications / notifications. This follows a six-day audit, demonstrating the company’s continued commitment to quality, safety and customer service.
Sira Certification Service, part of the CSA Group, has now issued the following certification updates to Pyroban:
- Conformity to ISO9001:2015
- Continuation of Pyroban’s ATEX QAN accreditation for another 3 years
- Continuation of Pyroban’s IECEx accreditation for another 3 years
- Addition of new protection concepts Ex h (mechanical construction safety) to the accreditation schemes
Why Certification is important to Pyroban
Manufacturers of explosion protection equipment who apply for either an ATEX EU-Type examination and/or an IECEx Certificate of Conformity must have an appropriate quality assurance system in place.
This helps ensure the continued monitoring of systems and processes in relation to the explosion protection products.
Companies like Pyroban must have both in place (certificate and quality assurance) before placing explosion protection equipment into the market.
The objective of the IECEx System is to facilitate international trade in equipment and services for use in explosive atmospheres, while maintaining the required level of safety. This helps reduce testing and certification costs and reduces time to market.
These quality processes help Pyroban ensure:
- Consistent, high quality products – We have improved design and build quality to meet or exceed industry standards for quality and ATEX safety
- Cost savings – streamlined manufacturing operations help to keep costs under control
- Better internal management and customer interface
- More efficient manufacturing processes cuts waste and reduces negative impact on the environment
“These three certifications demonstrate Pyroban’s continued commitment across the organisation to quality, cost savings, safety and customer service,” says Brian Quarendon, Pyroban Group CEO. “We have undertaken many changes since the end of 2017 and the auditor was positive about how well the company has managed changes under new ownership and improved quality, manufacturing efficiency and the overall customer experience.”