Pyroban is a worldwide company offering explosion protection solutions for the materials handling industry, oil and gas applications and any business operating with hazardous areas. Products and services include fully engineered lift truck conversions, Pyroban engine kits, ATEX engine packages, EX-proof products, EX components and gas detection for vehicles with Gascheka Zone 3.
We are recruiting for a Sales Representative to join our Materials Handling Sales team. Serving the UK and rest of World (via web enquiries), the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering agreed plans and strategies and for expanding their customer base. This is a really exciting opportunity for an individual with an energetic personality who is not afraid to ‘go find answers’ to develop their sales career.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate relevant experience in a technical customer facing role, has direct sales experience and great interpersonal, communication and presenting skills. Being a team player is essential along with strong organisational and prioritisation skills and good IT knowledge including Microsoft Office programs (Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Ideally, the candidate will have been selling a technical product or can demonstrate an understanding of mechanical or electronic products. However, this is not essential if they can demonstrate a willingness and tenacity to learn.
Our employees’ skills, backgrounds and perspectives are what makes Pyroban unique. We work continuously to bring out the best in all our people, helping them to reach their full potential, with plenty of opportunities for development.
We offer a basic salary of £32,000 to £35,000, sales commission, company car and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday with the option to purchase an additional 10 days of holiday, health cash plan, 5% employer pension contribution, life assurance, employee assistance programme plus a range of other benefits and wellbeing initiatives.
The Sales Representative is responsible for delivering agreed plans, strategies and expanding the customer base for their assigned region.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify the market and continually build a pipeline of new business opportunities and prospects.
- Responsible for achieving a sales order target that will also satisfy the company’s defined margins.
- Develop and manage relationships with assigned prospects and accounts. This will involve regular periodic visits and presentation at sales meetings.
- Be the primary point of contact to carry out on-site commissioning of newly delivered equipment.
- Apply a consultative sales approach to build relationships and win business.
- Present and sell the Pyroban Value to key stakeholders within the accounts.
- Provide written follow-up reports to suggest the most appropriate solutions for customer materials handling EX applications.
- Be responsible for the completion of an accurate RFQ form to support quotations and work with the CSC team through the sales process.
- Track all opportunities and customer details using our CRM system, producing a robust forecast regularly including input into Monthly Reports.
- Manage and coordinate own work schedules to effectively service the market.
- Provide effective feedback regarding our position in the market, competitor information, opportunities and threats, and recommendations for action.
- Advise management on significant regional developments and incidents and ensure they are aware of the potential impact on sales and business activities.
- Provide holiday, sickness and out of office cover to the sales team.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Carry out other reasonable duties requested by management.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven relevant experience in a technical customer facing role.
- Previous experience of working in a direct sales role.
- A team player who will focus on building the Pyroban brand value within the customer network.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong technical and commercial acumen with the desire to make a significant impact to the commercial business.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills to ensure customer requirements are responded to in a timely manner.
- Experience in developing and presenting professional proposals to partnering and third-party organisations.
- Willingness and tenacity to learn and a desire to build/further their sales career.
- Positive and approachable attitude.
- Ability to regularly travel with some overseas travel for attendance at trade shows.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of selling a technical product.
- Customer management system knowledge.
- Business to business sales experience.
- Knowledge of Pyroban products would be advantageous although full training will be provided.