For 50 years, Pyroban has been at the forefront of our industry providing explosion protection solutions for materials handling equipment and diesel engines. We have one clear purpose: to keep people safe in hazardous areas.
Do you have a degree in electrical or automotive engineering or electronics? Are you looking for an opportunity to further develop your existing experience in electrical systems design?
If so, we have an excellent opportunity to join our innovative engineering team as a Graduate Electrical Engineer designing industrial truck conversions and solutions for UK Ex, ATEX and IEC Ex compliant machines.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Creation of project specification documents.
- Component selection for integration into original machine electrical systems.
- Design of electrical schematics to achieve both vehicle functionality and meet legislative requirements.
- Contribute to the design of components to be packaged into vehicles taking account of extreme space constraint limitations.
- Define electrical enclosure layouts and population.
- Conceive design solutions to achieve optimal execution cost.
- Specify product test requirements to support compliance activities.
- Produce documentation to support product certification and when required prepare product risk assessments.
- Application of Pyroban gas detection system.
- Pre and post-sale customer technical support.
We are looking for a motivated individual who has, since graduating, some practical work experience of designing complex electrical systems, BOM generation and the specification/sizing of electrical components.
You must have a good understanding of mechanical/electrical system integration, a good foundation knowledge of electronics and a degree/HND in electronics, electrical or automotive engineering.
Experience of designing industrial vehicle electrical systems and/or electrical machine systems and controls would be advantageous but not essential.
By joining Pyroban, you will become part of an industry leading, fast-paced, and passionate team. We offer excellent career and personal development opportunities, a salary of £27,000 to £30,000 and a benefits package including pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday plus the option to purchase additional holiday, employee assistance programme and employee discount platform.