Are you an experienced electrical engineer looking for a fresh challenge?
If so, we have an excellent opportunity to join our innovative engineering team as an Electrical Engineer designing industrial truck conversions and solutions for UK Ex, ATEX and IEC Ex compliant machines.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Creation of project specification documents.
- Component selection for integration into original machine electrical systems.
- Design of electrical schematics to achieve both vehicle functionality and meet legislative requirements.
- Contribute to the design of components to be packaged into vehicles taking account of extreme space constraint limitations.
- Define electrical enclosure layouts and population.
- Conceive design solutions to achieve optimal execution cost.
- Specify product test requirements to support compliance activities.
- Produce documentation to support product certification and when required prepare product risk assessments.
- Application of Pyroban gas detection system.
- Hands on testing and problem solving on prototype builds.
- Pre and post-sale customer technical support.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced electrical engineering professional who can demonstrate past achievements in the design of complex electrical systems, BOM generation and the specification/sizing of electrical components.
You must have a good understanding of mechanical/electrical system integration, a good foundation knowledge of electronics and a degree/HND in electronics, electrical or automotive engineering. Proficiency in using AutoCAD Electrical along with CAN protocol knowledge is required and you should also have excellent project management skills.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of designing industrial vehicle electrical systems and/or electrical machine systems and controls. Experience of working in a highly regulated environment would be advantageous but not essential as would exposure to CE marking and knowledge of hazardous area regulations.
By joining Pyroban, you will become part of an industry leading, fast-paced, and passionate team. We offer excellent career and personal development opportunities, a salary of £35,000 to £42,000 and a benefits package including pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday plus the option to purchase additional holiday, employee assistance programme and employee discount platform.